Wednesday, June 23, 2010

James Durham - Signing Out



Tomorrow is my final day in Israel. I have been touched intellectually, aesthetically, and spiritually by this remarkable country - and, in particular, by Jerusalem. Several weeks will pass before experiences are analyzed and organized in my psyche. Right now, I'm still awash in rich sensation - the stinging midday sun, the cool evening breezes, lapis skies, the smooth slide of ancient stone streets, and the sweet-sharp lift of mint lemonade. I'm grateful - appreciative of a city that sings its soul so sweetly, and happy for a career that sends me to far corners of the globe. I'm challenged and I'm soothed. I'm centered in a city that some consider holy. Thank you for following my journey...and the journey of our students, who are learning the law...and experiencing so much more!

A dinner in the terraced garden of Little Jerusalem (also known as "Ticho House"), the former home of Israeli painter, Anna Ticho, located about two blocks from the entertainment district of Ben Yehuda Street.

Videos:

June 16, 2010 - Students and staff enjoy a fountain located in Muristan, near the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

June 16, 2010 - Evening on the Roman Cardo, a marketplace in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem.

June 16, 2010 - The grand finale of a sound and light show at the walls of the Old City.


By James Durham, Touro Law Summer Abroad Program in Israel 2010

1 comment:

  1. It's been wonderful to read your experiences, James. Safe travels! {Jonathan Ezor}

    ReplyDelete